Sunday, April 17, 2016

More wonders of the World - a little patch of God's garden


Memories of New Zealand last December

A fast raining little river flanked by lupins
who could help stopping to admire?


couldn't stop on the bridge
so had to walk back from the road verge 
up the hill a bit


but it was so very worth while
of be engulfed by the massed perfume
and multiplicity of colours

as a bonus they were flanked by elder bushes in full bloom
which are prolific in this beautiful country

an elderflower infusion sponged on hives 
and many other rashes 
shrinks them away within a few days,
even allergic reactions to antibiotics 
that manifest in large welts


these lupins have covered acres of land down the hillside
some call them invasive weeds
but what is a weed but a flower out of it's desired place

only people wanting to
force their own will on a landscape
think in therms of flower and weeds

Sometimes, just sometimes, God steps in
and creates a flower bed of this magnitude
that leaves one speechless with awe at the beauty

I will never forget the wonder of the scent
almost visibly hanging in the sun-warmed air

it was so hard to drag ourselves away . . .


Linking with


22 comments:

  1. What an amazing thing to see, and an amazing memory to hug to your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful flowers - this looks like an ocean of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really is incredibly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen lupine in such a lovely variety of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!!! That is awesome in every sense.For those,like myself,who have a hard time getting the Lupins to grow,this is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. weeds are a matter of perception… every flower we know first started as wild and wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing the love up-close with I Heart Macro ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I do love Lupines and I would so love this, and your shares of your own memories,dream like. I send you hugs and thank you for the splendor in this share~

    ReplyDelete
  8. That really was a little piece of heaven! I agree with you about wildflowers; I love seeing them bloom all without human help or hindrance. (Tho I don't know if I've ever seen field flowers this beautiful -- and I can only imagine how wonderful the aroma must have been.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow....so much beauty!
    Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are wonderful photos which remind me that in a couple months our own wild Lupines will begin to bloom. Their scent permeates the air.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning colors and great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can well believe that this memory will not fade away. A magical profusion of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the roadway flowers that decorate our highways and byways. They are always considered weeds, but not to me! Where did you find these lovelies??

    ReplyDelete
  14. It would be hard for me to leave this incredible sight too. Those flowers are gorgeous! Thank you for linking with Today's Flowers Arija, your support is very much appreciated :) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh MY! these are so beautiful.
    I clicked on each to see it larger. Gorgeous photos and gorgeous glimpses of our magnificent world! I am so glad you got to go there and enjoy this magic.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely floral landscape shots ~ Great colors!

    Happy Week to you ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  17. A miracle of life... the smell must have been marvellous and your photos look impressionistic...
    Have a blessed time

    I've yesterday posted two Russian songs, which I very like - maybe you enjoy them
    http://maschas-buch.blogspot.de/search/label/Russian%20ABC

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hallo Arija, diese sind prächtig !

    ReplyDelete
  19. Quite a spectacular display of blooms, Arija!
    Thank you for joining us at the Floral Friday Photos meme, I look forward to your next contribution.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have seen thousands of tulips this week, but I don't think I have ever seen so many lupins. They are beautitful.
    Thanks for sharing and enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. "Only people who want to force their will on a landscape think in terms of flowers and weeds." That is beautifully put. A few days ago I mowed our lawn, chopping down all the beautiful wildflowers that we call "weeds" so that we had a uniformly close-cut all-green lawn. Why do we do this, I wondered? The only reason I could think of, is because everyone else does it.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin