Sunday, September 19, 2010

TODAY'S FLOWERS ~ Reminiscing of Glenbarr Station

Still wallowing in fond memories of the 'Enfoldments' Retreat.
*
Snapdragons at the dining hall door
*

*
and a big bush of these tiny flowers at our cottage door.
Sorry I can't tell you their name at present, I'm having a
senior's moment. This afternoon I had misplaced the name
of Lantana, now, when I want this one, I get Lantana instead....
*
A fair exchange is no robbery I suppose.
*

*
This old plum tree had been teasing us all week and just on the
last day it decided to treat us to some blossom on one branch.
*

*
Enlarge for a closer look if you wish.
*
Thanks to this delightful flower meme, we can all walk in fields
of flowers at will by just clicking on the Logo. Enjoy!

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I love snapdragons. For years, we had yellow ones but then we sold the house. Thanks for reminding me to get some for my garden.

    http://thepaganeye.blogspot.com/2010/09/todays-flowers.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post and flowers. The flowers are all gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These flowers are so beautiful. I love the plum blooms. I am so happy to read that you truly enjoyed India's retreat! How are you today dearest Arija? I shared your comment with Bella last night and we talked fondly and lovingly about you! TSUP! TSUP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This retreat just keeps getting better. So nice to see your spring blooms while our trees turn to gold.

    I'm glad there's someone else in the track and scat club. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The memories look to be worth wallowing in not to mention the gorgeous flowers! Delightful post as always, Arija! And I do SO relate to the memory problem!!! Have a wonderful, beautiful week ahead!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flowers are all so beautiful. I love snapdragons and used to grow them but haven't had any in years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love snapdragons. Beautiful both of the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this one better than lantana. Today, I told a fellow blogger that people in South East Asia don't like them. They call it Chicken shit flower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sigh...we head into fall and you into wonderful summer. My mother liked snapdragons...My sister and I used to pick them and make their flowers move like they were talking... Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin